Become an Community Partner
Community Partners are non-profit organizations such as:
- Disciplinary professional societies and consortia
- Non-profit digital libraries
Reasons to Join MERLOT as an Community Partner
Collaborating with MERLOT allows you to:
- Develop and deliver teaching and learning technology tools, products, and serves that serve your organization.
- Conduct training on the development, use, and evaluation of academic technologies that serve the teaching and learning needs of community partners.
- Develop and peer review collections of online resources.
- Pursue and acquire grants to achieve shared goals.
How to Become an Community Partner
- Review the Community Partner MOU Template (42KB pdf).
- Contact Gerry Hanley, MERLOT Executive Director, email@example.com or Sorel Reisman, MERLOT Managing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org about the application process. They can also answer any questions you may have about MERLOT participation.
- Complete the MOU, obtain the signature of an authorized representative of your organization, and return to MERLOT as directed in the MOU template.
Upon receipt of your MOU and fee, MERLOT will contact you to provide information and guidance to help you maximize the benefits from your participation in this project.
Potential Project Areas
- Recognition and Co-sponsorship of Peer Review: MERLOT seeks long-term partnerships with disciplinary-based professional societies to elevate the status and recognition of the peer reviews conducted by MERLOT Editorial Boards.
- Vision and Outreach: MERLOT and the partner organization promote each other via jointly-sponsored/shared sessions, meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Sharing or Expanding the MERLOT Collection: MERLOT makes its database of learning materials available to Partner educational digital libraries via "federated search". In return, partners make the contents of their collections available, either through federated search or harvesting.
- Distributed Technology Services and Features: MERLOT and/or the partner organization makes distributed services and features (e.g., "archival" or "persistent" storage of learning materials) available.
All Current MERLOT Partners, Affiliates, and Sponsors
To become an Community Sponsor of the annual MERLOT International Conference or for more information about MERLOT partnerships, please contact the Webmaster at email@example.com
Rev 5/12- SR