Become a System Partner
System Partners are multiple-campus systems of higher education such as the California State University System.
Top Reasons to Join MERLOT as a System Partner
MERLOT helps you:
- Improve the quality of online materials and pedagogy.
- Reduce the costs of developing and integrating technologies into academic programs.
- Increase the speed of your faculty and staff creating quality online courses
- Support the diverse needs of faculty across disciplines and across a wide range of readiness to use technology
To review the benefits of a MERLOT Partnership, click here.
COMPASS: MERLOT's Strategy for Institutions' Academic Support Services
Collection/Community/Consultation/Customization Of MERLOT Partners’ Academic Support Services
Among MERLOT’s goals is to ease the burden on campus personnel in their planning and implementation of academic technology. The same principles of reuse and not reinventing the wheel that have been applied to faculty-centered services are being applied to services for academic administrators and leaders. MERLOT can help find ways to align with the work they are already doing and make their work more successful and take less time.
Through COMPASS, MERLOT Partners may an improve educational outcomes in a timely manner and reduce costs in their academic programs through the integration of MERLOT’s resources and services into their own institutional initiatives. Priority issues and projects that have been identified by campuses and systems include efforts like Course Redesign, Development of Online and/or Hybrid Courses, Effective Use of Learning Management Systems, and Mobile Computing. MERLOT services may be customized to better serve a partner’s initiative. Over time and efforts, the MERLOT Partner Community has developed a portfolio of strategies and programs to using academic technologies (especially MERLOT) to achieve their goals.
Click on the following link to learn more about COMPASS.
How to Join MERLOT as a System Partner
- Review the Overview of MERLOT Partnerships (14KB pdf).
- Contact Gerry Hanley, Executive Director of MERLOT, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 562-951-4259 about the application process. He can also answer any questions you may have about MERLOT participation.
- Complete the Application for Participation, obtain the signature of an authorized representative of your organization, and return to MERLOT as directed in the application.
The MERLOT 1st Year Experience
To help new partners maximize the benefits of their participation, MERLOT provides each 1st year System Partner with a mentor from an existing Partner to help orient and support first year use of MERLOT, and offers a discounted rate on the Standard Partner Fee.
All Current MERLOT Partners, Affiliates, and Sponsors
For more information please contact Gerry Hanley (email@example.com) or Tim Tirrell (firstname.lastname@example.org).